When you are heading to buy a weapon, getting detailed know-how about it becomes highly essential. It is a weapon you are going to buy and not a mere toy. Therefore, a complete guideline is vital to keep under your belt to fetch the best.
Whether you are looking for an Airsoft gun or associated accessories, you should know the different products coming in the category. One wrong pick could cost you financially a lot. However, in the end, all that matters is you find your preferable product.
So to make your purchase apt, here we have enlisted five simple guides for buying an Airsoft gun. Check them out and get the best weapon out of all that meets your needs perfectly.
- Know the Types of Gun– You must know that Airsoft guns come in three different forms. These are:
– Spring: They are cocked by hand and fire one shot at a time. Spring Airsoft Guns are considered durable and easy to use. They are also least inexpensive and considered perfect for the beginners. Most of the high power airsoft sniper rifles are spring powered which make them highly desirable. The only drawback is their slow rate of fire.
– Electric: They are battery powered and encompass semi and fully automatic functions. The presence of electric motor assists in firing mechanism. You can use them either in semi-auto mode or fully auto mode based on your experience of handling and the need of time. There is full metal gearbox and an AEG’s (Auto Electric Guns).
– Gas: When it comes to gas pistols, green gas and CO2 are most abundantly used. As soon the trigger pulls, the gas bursts, and it leads to propelling of the shot. Generally, the gas guns are semi-automatic but nowadays fully automatic are also coming.
- Know the Speed– FPS stands for Feet Per Second and MPS for Meters per Second. Both of them define the speed with which the pellet leaves the barrel of your weapon. More will be the FPS, faster the pallet will travel and thereby more powerful impact on the body with which it comes in contact.
Apart from this, knowing the ROF (Rate of Fire) is equally important. It implies the number of pellets that can be fired in a specific amount of time from the weapon. The Airsoft guns which are fully automatic have the highest ROF.
- Durability– Make sure that you are getting a quality product which meets the set level of standards. Getting a weapon that looks good but fails to last for longer duration is not a good idea. A gun could be something for a show-off, but the major purposes should never be ignored. Having a fragile weapon is a waste of money. You can learn more about the top quality airsoft guns at Airsoft Gun Guy.
The Airsoft Gun made up of high-grade materials last forever. Not just the outer body of the weapon needs heed but the inner parts as well. From the metal to the plastic, everything used in its manufacturing should be high in quality and preferably unbreakable.
- Accuracy– It is imperative that your weapon is precise. It is decided majorly by length and quality of the inner barrel and the bore. If you want high accuracy and fall of shot, pick the guns with your desired barrel length and bore diameter. If the weapon has hop-up, it elevates the worth even more. This function will assist in putting backspin on the pellets and compel for a longer trajectory.
- Ease of Finding the Spares– When you get a weapon it becomes essential to maintain it. You might need to change certain parts after regular intervals to sustain the quality. Make sure you get the Airsoft Gun whose spares are easy to find. Also, ensure that your weapon allows you to upgrade it with advanced parts inexpensively.
Other than these, there are specific terms which are needed to learn before you go to the market to buy a gun. The salesperson will use these words frequently; therefore, you must know them for better understanding.
Getting equipped with terminologies like CQB (Close Quarters Battle), FPS (Feet Per Second), RIS (Rail Integration System) and much more are essential.
So now that you have gained the desired insight into the buying guide for an Airsoft gun, it’s time to look for the best dealers dealing with the same. Make sure that you get your weapon from some reliable source. Deals with the weapon should always be authentic and done only from a reliable source.
So, get your Airsoft gun and feel more powerful!