The summers are getting more and more brutal. With triple digit temperatures becoming the norm, it is increasingly becoming more important to revamp your wardrobe. Heavy and dark clothing can be uncomfortable. Not only does it not breathe, but it is also a magnet for the sun’s rays. Plus, the summertime is all about wearing light colored clothing and light fabrics. Not only is it more comfortable, but it’s also a lot more fashionable too. When it comes to looking fashionable in the summertime, you should feel as good as you look. Here are 5 tips for revamping your summer wardrobe on a budget.
- Check your friends or family’s closet. Chances are that you have a friend or family member who is moving to a climate that doesn’t have the same punishing heat. Maybe that’s a sign you should move too, but alas that is a separate point altogether. In your friend’s closet you can find t-shirts, summery dresses and blouses, shorts, and maybe even a few items to take to the beach. Best of all, you haven’t spent a penny. If your friend isn’t going anywhere, you could each go through your wardrobes, choose clothes you would like to donate, and you can both get first pick.
- Vintage clothing stores. There are many vintage and thrift stores where you can get designer summer clothing for pennies on the dollar. Not only can you find t-shirts, but also shorts and other light clothing that is perfect for the summertime. Going to a summer wedding? If you look hard enough, you can probably find a nice, light linen suit or a classy dress. Heading to the beach? Look for lightly used swim trunks or swim wear that another store couldn’t sell and thus, donated to a thrift shop.
- Look online. The Internet has a bevvy of amazing deals. Looking for camouflage swimsuits? Need a good dress for the outdoor cocktail party or date on the patio of that new restaurant that just opened? Chances are that you will be able to find the dress, swimsuit, or perfect summer outfit for a fraction of what it would cost at a department store or a boutique. Not only that, but online you can find discount codes that will give you amazing bargains so that you can update your summer wardrobe without breaking the bank.
- Haggle. If you are shopping with a small business, you might be able to haggle the price tag down to something a little more comfortable for you. With the economy the way it is – even though it is on the rebound – you can still get most items down by 10% or more. Shop owners are almost always willing to meet their customers halfway.
- Purchase your summer wardrobe in the wintertime. Purchasing your summer wardrobe in the off-season will save you a tremendous amount of money – even if you purchase your clothing from a department store or boutique. It might look a little silly buying a swimsuit or bikini in the dead of winter, while the temperatures are dipping below freezing, but it is one of the smartest ways to revamp your summer wardrobe on a budget.