Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Every month, I’ve have been comparing my beauty subscription boxes. I share which beauty box I think is better between Ipsy and Birchbox. Both beauty subscriptions are priced affordably at $10 each plus free shipping, so I have hard time picking which is better! Let’s see who the winner is this month (May 2017)….
Beauty items in the May 2017 Birchbox Beauty Subscription Box included:
- Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle (this is a nice travel size)
- Whish Rice Milk Firming Body Cream (hoping this works like Bliss)
- Coola Daydream Mineral Primer (with SPF 30)
- You or Someone Like You Eau de Parfum (Macy liked this fragrance, but I wasn’t sold on it, although it is expensive)
- The Beauty Crop Fabulous Flocking Lashes (this appears full size which sells for $19.90)
Items in the May 2017 Ipsy Glam Bag included:
- Global Beauty Care Charcoal Wash-Off Mask (charcoal masks are the current “it” thing)
- Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Highlighter
- K.Voss Macaroon Lip Balm (this appears full size which retails for $14)
- Pixi by Petra Endless Silky Eye Pen (I’m always on the lookout for the best eyeliner)
- Luxie Beauty 660 Foundation Brush (this retails on the LuxieBeauty.com site for $23)
- Clear plastic makeup bag with ice cream cones and popsicle designs (the plastic smell reminds of something from my youth – I can’t pinpoint it, but it must’ve been a new toy)
Using special “Kim calculations” like the value of the beauty products and whether I will actually use the product, this month’s winner is….
Ipsy has won the last few times, so maybe I felt sorry for Birchbox?!? I also took into consideration that I prepaid for Birchbox for a year when they were offering a $99/year promo, therefore I only paid $8.25 instead of $10, so it makes the value even higher. But honestly I recommend both Ipsy and Birchbox!
Which beauty box subscription is your favorite? Leave me a comment if there are other beauty boxes you think I should try.