This post brought to you by Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
Not only have I been trying to eat better by eating more natural and organic foods and less over-processed and filled with preservatives food items, but I've also been better with recycling the packages that foods come in. I have sorting tubs in my pantry for paper, plastic, aluminum, etc.
So imagine my surprise when I heard about the Tetra Pak carton packaging that Pacific Foods organic foods are now using! As you read in the above infographic Tetra Pack is “not a box”. Instead it is:
- Environmentally Awesome – Tetra Pak cartons are made of 70% paper, which is a renewable resource from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified.
- Travels Light – Tetra Pak cartons use one-third of the packaging compared to cans.
- Space Smart – Tetra Pak cartons are not only space saving but easy to store and easy to open without a can opener. They are also stackable, so great to stockpile.
- Protects Taste – Tetra Pak carton process preserves the flavor and the nutrients of food without the use of preservatives with no hint of aluminum taste!
- Waste Not – Tetra Pak cartons create 60% less landfill waste than cans. The Tetra Pak cartons are also re-closable so you can use what you need now and save the rest of it for later use.
I was given the opportunity to test out to test out some of the awesome Pacific Foods Organic foods that I plan to use for our Christmas dinner.
I plan to use the Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree to make pumpkin pie, which is my kids' favorite!
My mom plans to make her famous Cranberry salad with the Pacific Foods Cranberry Sauce.
And I think I will use the leftover turkey to make turkey noodle soup and the Pacific Foods Chicken Stock in our soup. Yum!
Do you want to Become Carton Smart too?
Simply Tweet @CartonSmart or Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest to learn more!