Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Last updated on April 8, 2021
This cheddar egg salad is one of my favorite sandwiches. It is packed with protein and flavor, and it makes for a very satisfying lunch.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp brown & spicy mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place eggs in a steamer basket inside a medium sized stockpot, over boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes. Immediately place eggs in an ice bath until cold.
- When eggs are cool, peel and mash them finely with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine then stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spread between bread for sandwiches, or serve with crackers as a dip.
Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad
Add 4 slices of bacon that have been fried crisp and chopped into bite sized pieces.
Zesty Ranch Cheddar Egg Salad
Add 2 Tbsp Ranch salad dressing with the mayonnaise and other ingredients.