This cheddar egg salad is one of my favorite sandwiches. It is packed with protein and flavor, and it makes for a very satisfying lunch.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp brown & spicy mustard
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place eggs in a steamer basket inside a medium sized stockpot, over boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes. Immediately place eggs in an ice bath until cold.
- When eggs are cool, peel and mash them finely with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Stir to combine then stir in cheddar cheese.
- Spread between bread for sandwiches, or serve with crackers as a dip.
Bacon Cheddar Egg Salad
Add 4 slices of bacon that have been fried crisp and chopped into bite sized pieces.
Zesty Ranch Cheddar Egg Salad
Add 2 Tbsp Ranch salad dressing with the mayonnaise and other ingredients.