Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
Are you thinking about making the switch from disposable diapers to reusable cloth diapers or vice versa?
There are advantages to using both. If you're having a hard time deciding which version is right for you and your baby, keep reading to learn more about the advantages of each.
- Cloth diapers save you money in the long run. Buying disposable diapers for your little ones every week could cost as much as $2,000 over the course of the year.
- Cloth diapers are better for the environment. All of those used disposable diapers account for over 3 million tons of landfill waste per year, and disposable diapers don’t easily decompose.
- Cloth diapers come in a variety of different designs, materials and colors. To get your toddlers more excited about wearing them, pick out diapers with designs they like.
- Cloth diapers could make potty training easier. Because cloth diapers are less absorbent than typical disposable diapers, children will notice when their cloth diaper is wet sooner.
- Are more convenient than their cloth counterparts. Changing them is easier, and you can throw away the soiled diapers rather than take them back home to be cleaned.
- Don’t need to be washed after. Not only can cleaning reusable diapers be a chore, but dealing with soiled cloth diapers can be a bit gross.
- Tend to leak less. Disposable diapers are more absorbent, so it’s less likely that anything will make its way out .
- Keep the wetness away from your baby’s skin, so they’re less likely to develop a diaper rash.
It's ultimately up to you to decide which type of diaper you want to use. Cloth and disposable diapers each have their merits. There's nothing that prevents you from using them both… cloth, the majority of the time and disposables when you're out and about.
Whether you decide to use cloth diapers or disposable diapers, make sure you save on both! CouponDash offers deals at Sam's Club where you can save up to 17% off diapers.