Preparing a nice dinner for your family is challenging if you’re on a tight schedule, and with all the activities the average family has going on, you’ll know how true this is. Let’s take a close look at five incredible meal ideas that will put dinner on your table within thirty minutes or less.
In This Post:
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons of minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap. Pound each breast to 1/4-inch thickness with a meat mallet and then sprinkle chicken liberally with 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Combine olive oil and remaining the five ingredients in a small glass bowl. Stir well with your whisk. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons of oil mixture to your pan and spread oil mixture evenly over bottom of pan with a spatula.
It is now time for you to add the chicken. Cook the chicken for two minutes, and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil mixture. Carefully turn the chicken over and cook for two more minutes and drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for two minutes or until done.
Take the chicken out of the pan and place it on a serving platter. Carefully pour the pan drippings over chicken. Serve your family immediately.
Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1 jar of pasta sauce (brand of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons beef-flavor instant Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 7 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 (1-pound) package of spaghetti (cooked)
Combine meat, cheese, onion, crumbs, ½ cup pasta sauce, egg, bouillon and Italian seasoning in a large bowl. Mix the ingredients well.
Shape into meatballs and brown them. Pour off fat. Stir in remaining mushrooms and pasta sauce. Simmer uncovered for fifteen minutes. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust
- 3/4 cup tomato chutney
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (2 breasts)
- 2/3 cup diced plum tomato
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded extra-sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Make Spinach Dip w/ Ranch Seasoning Mix (brand of your choice)
Preheat your oven to 450° and place crust carefully on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for three minutes then remove from oven. Spread chutney over crust generously (leave a 1/2-inch border).
Top the tomato chutney with chicken. Sprinkle cheese, green onions, and diced tomato evenly over chicken. Bake at 450° for nine minutes. Cut pizza into six wedges.
Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon bottled vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled grated ginger
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass (peeled)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta (brand of your choice)
- 2 thin sliced green onions
- 1 red chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Begin by heating oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, lemongrass, and ginger. Sauté for three minutes. Add broth and water and bring to a boil.
Add pasta and chicken. Cook for five minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Allow to stand for five minutes. You may discard the lemongrass.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain carefully and stir in remaining ingredients. Allow the meat sauce to simmer for ten minutes. It is imperative for you to stir occasionally. Serve with Klosterman Baking Company hamburger buns.
A hectic work schedule can make it difficult for you to prepare a large dinner for your family. Fortunately, you can always turn to the dinner recipes listed above which will produce fast meals with ease.