Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
You just got to love coffee, and in this case, Spanish coffee. Here’s the recipe of the Flaming Spanish Coffee that you need to try if you haven’t. Find out how it’s made and why it’s so great.
In This Post:
Flaming Spanish Coffee Ingredients
- 1-2 ounce of fool proof rum
- 1-2 ounce coffee-friendly liqueurs
- 3 ounces of brewed coffee
- Lemon juice to rim the glass
- Sugar to rim the glass
- A pinch of ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- Whipped cream
- Wine glass or any heat-resistant glassware
- Lighter or matches
Flaming Spanish Coffee Procedure
- Rim the wine glass with lemon juice first and dip it in sugar while it still wet to make the sugar stick.
- Pour the 151 rum in the wine glass.
- Remember that before you light the cocktail, you must first have a fire extinguisher nearby. Also, safe keep highly flammable substances and objects away from the area. Roll up your sleeves and tie your hair back too for your own safety.
- Tilt the wine glass with the rum at a 45 degree angle and light the rum up with a match or lighter. It is normal for the rum to light up even you lit it up.
- Place the wine glass in a vertical position, and blow the match that was used.
- Hold the glass firmly between the index and middle finger to swirl the liquid around and help caramelize the sugar.
- Once the sugar has caramelized, sprinkle the nutmeg and cinnamon spices over the drink.
- Quickly pour the desired liqueurs and also the brewed coffee in the cocktail. Never mind the heat because it will cool down once more ingredients are added.
- Lastly, add your desired toppings, from whipped cream, grated citrus zest to chocolates or branded sherry. It is all up to you. You can also mix and match these toppings for your own personalized Flaming Spanish Coffee cocktail.
Flaming Spanish Coffee Serving Tips
- This Flaming Spanish Coffee is also great served with vanilla bean extract.
- Instead of rum, you can use cognac, orange liqueur, almond liqueur and coffee liqueur
- Brew your coffee in the best coffee maker because it can also affect the taste of your cocktail.
Benefits of Flaming Spanish Coffee
The caffeine content in Spanish coffee is just enough to wake you up and get ready for the day.
A potent antioxidant
Coffee reduces the risk of getting dementia associated with Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancers.
Improves blood circulation
Improved circulation of blood in the body equates to a better oxygenation of your tissues.
Reduces risk of depression
It has been studied to decrease the chances of getting depression by about 4 percent.
Coffee can improve endurance and exercise performance.
Although, the Flaming Spanish Coffee has lots of variations, this one is the best yet. The different flavors in this recipe just makes Spanish coffee stand out even more.