Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
After reading about all the beauty box subscriptions available, I decided to test one out. I picked Ipsy because they have great reviews, and it was one of the least expensive options at $10 per month. The least I could be out was $10, right?! And they offer free shipping…
When my first Ipsy package first arrived – in a shiny pink padded envelope and not a “box” – I was afraid that I was going to be disappointed as it didn't look like it would have much in it.
But I was pleasantly surprised all of the items shown above and listed below inside:
- Delectable Ultra Nourishing Hand Cream 2 oz (available for $5.50)
- Model Co Contour Stick (selling on Ebay for $3 – $15)
- Mad Lash Black Mascara (selling on Ebay for $2 – $10)
- Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner (selling on Ebay for $2 – $10)
- SLMissGlam Angled Eye Brush (selling on Ebay for $6 – $9)
- ipsy Comestic Bag Case (selling on Ebay for $5 – $10)
Considering that I've been wanting a new eye shadow brush, and I've been wanting to test out liquid eyeliner, and I'm always up for trying new mascaras (and trial sizes are perfect for traveling), this “box” was definitely worth the $10 I invested. And if you add up the retail value of everything, I got a steal. I have a feeling that some people are buying these just to resell the contents!