Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
My homemade Italian Sausage gives this meatloaf a truly unique flavor, and the glaze adds a special touch! Mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish for this homemade meatloaf recipe!
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian Sausage (see my recipe)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp honey mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix together Italian Sausage, eggs, milk, cracker crumbs, onion, salt & pepper; using your hands.
- Form into a loaf and placed in an ungreased 9”x5” loaf pan. Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients. Spread over meatloaf. Bake uncovered an additional 15 minutes.
My kids love these made into meat balls instead of a meatloaf.
Form into 12 good sized meatballs. Place in a 9”x13” pan. Bake covered with foil at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Uncover, top each meat ball with glaze, bake an additional 10 minutes.