Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
We made Resurrection cookies as a way to talk about the Easter story. Thank you Pastor Marcus and the Faith, Hope, Love Fellowship for the wonderful idea and recipe!
The ingredients: 1 cup pecans (or use Easter colored m&m’s if food allergies are a concern) 1 tsp vinegar; 3 egg whites; pinch of salt; 1 cup sugar
Beat the pecans with a wooden spoon.
Pilate took Jesus and had him beaten
Smell the vinegar – Jesus was given vinegar to drink while on the cross ✝️
Ewwww! Doesn’t smell very good.
Love their reactions to the vinegar!
Adding the vinegar – John 19:28-30
Adding the egg whites, salt and sugar
John 10:10 Luke 23:27 John 3:16-17
What a TRANSFORMATION! The color white represents the purity in God’s eyes of those whose sins have been forgiven. Isaiah 1:18
Folding in the nuts and dropping them onto the cookie sheet. Each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus was laid.
Sticky & messy 😊
Daddy kept the mess to a minimum 😊
This is fun!
Put cookie sheets in the oven, close the door and turn off the oven.
Take pieces of tape and seal the oven door – Jesus’ tomb was sealed too
Go to bed! John 16:20,22
On Easter morning, open the oven and take a cookie.
The tomb was open & empty!
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED!!!
- John 19:1-3 Then Pilate took Jesus and had him flogged (beaten). The soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put in on his head. They clothed him in a purple robe and went up to him again and again, saying "Hail, king of the Jews!" and they stuck him in the face.
- John 19:28-30 Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty". A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips. When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "it is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
- John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
-Luke 23:27 A large number of people followed him who mourned and wailed for him.
So far the ingredients are not very appetizing!
- John 3:16-17 For God so loved the World that He gave His one and only Son, that who ever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
- Isaiah 1:18 Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow. Though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.
- Matthew 27:57-60 As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself because a disciple of Jesus. Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus' body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean lined cloth, and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. he rolled a big stone in front of the entrances to the tomb and went away.
- Matt 27:65-66 Take guard, Pilate answered. Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how. So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting a guard.
- John 16: 20 and 22 I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. So with you: now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice and no one will take away your joy.
HE HAS RISEN, HE HAS RISEN INDEED!