One of the favorite meals for Karyn’s family is Poppy Seed Ham Sammies! And she shared her recipe for ham and cheese sliders with us. Enjoy!
Poppy Seed Ham Sammies Recipe
- 2 TBsp dried minced onion
- 2 TBsp poppy seeds
- 1-2 TBsp course mustard
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 TBsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 dozen slider buns
- 2 lbs thinly sliced ham
- 1 lb thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small pan, combine onion flakes, mustard, poppy seeds, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and butter. Melt on top of stove.
- Arrange bottom half of slider buns in a 9×13 pan. Layer with ham, swiss cheese, then more ham. Makes 12 sandwiches.
- Pour poppy seed mixture over the sandwiches. Cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes to get them crunchy on top.
Don’t these ham and cheese sliders look delicious? I don’t even like ham, and my mouth is watering! I would definitely love to try the poppy seed bun part.
Karyn served her Poppy Seed Ham Sammies with potato chips, potato salad and baked beans. Looks like the perfect summertime meal to me. Bring on summer!