If you’d like to try some delicious baked goods, be sure to visit www.YeOleSweets.com. There, you will find just what you’re looking for.
Tips for Making Affordable Yet Amazing Baked Goods
October 24, 2012 By Leave a Comment
If you love baking, you might be surprised at how much you would spend when you total all the expenses. Let’s face it; money should be spent wisely especially today. So is there any alternative to this?
The answer is a BIG yes! You can still bake amazing goodies and treats without spending a lot of money. Here’s how:
1. Compare prices of ingredients. The cost of ingredients for your recipe can be pretty expensive, right? So in order to save money, it’s best that you check out several stores and compare prices of ingredients. Try to make a list of all the things you need and then visit stores near you to check out their prices. Then compare which items you can buy at an affordable cost without sacrificing the taste of your recipe.
2. Look for fresh ingredients. Instead of purchasing expensive ingredients for your recipe, why not look for alternative ingredients at home? For instance, you can use apples in your backyard in making tarts and pies. Fresh fruits are not only delicious but they’re also good for your health. Look around your kitchen and garden for possible ingredients. Make use of available ingredients so you can save a lot of money.
3. Use commercial mix for your cakes and pastries. To save money, you can also use commercial cake mix. Not only is it affordable, it’s also easy to prepare. Just mix three tablespoons of cake mix and one tablespoon of milk. Stir the mixture until it becomes smooth in texture. Grease the pan and carefully pour the cake mix. Follow the baking instructions and you’re all set!
4. Come up with your own recipe. You can try a little experiment with your own recipe. If you’re planning to bake some fudge brownies, you can try using two tablespoons of flour and sugar, one tablespoon of milk and one teaspoon of chocolate cake mix. You can add a teaspoon and a half of shortening and some baking soda and salt. Mix all the ingredients and bake for around 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Try Jiffy Mix. You can also try using Jiffy mixes since they’re cheaper than other products. Just make sure you follow the baking instructions well. You can bake your goodie between 10-15 minutes.
Baking your favorite baked goods doesn’t need to be expensive. Try these tips, and enjoy your favorite desert at home!