Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
I'm a fan of UV Cake Vodka, although I'm not sure my body agrees! To me, cake flavored vodka smells and tastes like white cake batter (which I love to lick the bowl when making white cake mixes).
If you read this whole post, I'll even share my favorite new cocktail made with UV Cake Vodka.
But for now, let me share this super easy recipe for Jell-O shots that will actually work with any flavor of vodka or rum (I think I've even used Schnapps), but the cake-flavored vodka is by far my favorite alcohol to use as these Jell-O shots taste like Jello cake to me.
Top them with whip cream to taste exactly like Jello cake!
- 1 cup water
- 1 small package Jell-o (any flavor and you can use any brand gelatin)
- 1/2 cup UV Cake Vodka (or your choice of alcohol)
1. Boil one cup of water. I use my glass measuring cup and boil the water in my microwave (takes about 3 minutes on high).
2. Mix package of Jello in boiling water. Add 1/2 cup Cake Vodka (or other type of alcohol).
3. Stir and pour into containers. Repeat to make a rainbow of colors and flavors.
- 4. Cool and keep refrigerated until eaten.
I prefer to use Dixie bath cups as my jello shot container choice as the Jello shots can be easily peeled out or smooched out.
Plus there is room to add a squirt of whipped cream on top! You can also buy tiny plastic containers with lids if you want to stack them.
And I promised you my favorite cocktail made with Cake UV Vodka!
Pineapple Upside Down Cake Cocktail Recipe
- One shot UV Cake Vodka
- Fill glass almost full with pineapple juice
- Add two splashes of lemon-lime soda (i.e. 7Up or Sprite)
- Add one splash of grenadine (I actually prefer not to add this, but it makes it pretty)
These cake vodka cocktails are super yummy, but I must warn you that consuming too many can kick you on your ass (I may or may not know this from past experiences)!