Artichoke Chicken Garlic Bread Bake Recipe
Karyn got this Artichoke Chicken Garlic Bread Bake recipe from Kraft Food & Family Magazine (15th Anniversary Issue). Karyn LOVES this magazine as it contains simple recipes with basic ingredients, unlike a lot of other magazines!
For the first step, Karyn cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts in her crockpot on low for 8 hours while she was at work.
The recipe did not call for it, but she covered the chicken breasts with petite diced tomatoes with garlic and olive oil for extra flavor and moisture.
After removing the chicken from the crockpot after work, Karyn shredded the chicken with Pampered Chef salad choppers.
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, well drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (24 oz) Classico Fire Roasted Tomato & Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Kraft Shredded Mozzarella Cheese with a Touch of Philadelphia, divided
- 1 pkg (11.25 oz) frozen garlic Texas toast
Above is a photo of the ingredients that Karyn used which are not exactly the exact brands listed in the recipe, but close enough.
Karyn mixed the artichokes, pasta sauce and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese with the shredded chicken and placed in Pioneer Woman Flea Market Rectangular Ruffle Top Ceramic Bakeware to cook.
[amazon_link asins='B01MUHURTZ,B01M02UQT5′ template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='b9a055cb-cd27-11e6-b04e-518c1b55161e']
After partially baking, add the garlic toast and cover with more cheese. Karyn used New York Bakery Ciabatta Rolls (shown above) instead of garlic toast.
Add the remaining cheese and bake a bit longer…
- Heat over to 400 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in medium bowl, stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese.
- Spread in bottom of 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Arrange toast slices over casserole; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes or until casserole is heated through, and toast is crisp and golden brown.
Doesn't this Artichoke Chicken Garlic Bread Bake look delicious?!? Her family can attest that it was!
Karyn served the Artichoke Chicken Garlic Bread Bake with pasta and salad. And her kids didn't even know they were eating artichokes! She probably would've had to hide that ingredient from me, too, to get me to try it!
I think Karyn is on her way to be the next Pioneer Woman with her dinner presentations!