Prepare to be amazed! This is seriously the BEST and EASIEST way to make hard cooked eggs, that peel perfectly every time. I’ve tried every method out there. Boiling, baking, pressure cooking, etc. You name it, I have tried it!! But I had never found a way to make perfect eggs until now! The secret is to STEAM your eggs. No kidding! It is really that simple! You will never make hard cooked eggs any other way again!
P.S. Use steamed eggs to make yummy Cheddar Egg Salad!
Eggs - quantity of your choice
- Using a stockpot or saucepan with a steamer insert, add water to the bottom, keeping water below the steamer basket.
- Bring water to a full boil.
- Place eggs in the steamer basket and place above boiling water.
- Steam for exactly 15 minutes.
- Remove eggs with tongs and place immediately into ice water to chill.
- Peel eggs or store in refrigerator with shells on until ready to use.