Organizing your room for a newborn baby is very exciting but difficult thing to do. You have to think carefully about what kind of furniture you should buy now and what can wait until your baby is 10-12 months old. A baby sleeping arrangement is something you have to be serious about, especially if you have a limited budget.
Of course, buying toddler clothes is very important. But firstly, you have to think about where all of those clothes and other baby stuff will be kept on a daily basis.
In This Post:
How to Set Up a Room for a Baby
If you are a first-time mom, you probably want to buy everything you see in a department store. Baby stuff is really cute and beautiful. But this is not what you should pay attention to. Quality and comfort are two things that really matter for your little one. So, if you don't want to splurge on the unnecessary baby things, create a list of the essentials before shopping online or going to the department store.
What to include in that list? Let's have a look.
5 Essentials for a Newborn
Every mom has a different taste and different stuff, which she would like to get for her baby. But there are some essentials, which are almost obligatory for everyone.
1. Pack'n Play.
- A comfy place for a nap is the number one thing you have to look for. The one with the removable bassinet is a perfect sleep and entertaining spot. During the first months of life, your baby is going to sleep in that pack'n play close to the parent's bed. So, make sure it is easy to move as well.
[amazon_link asins='B00H8MRDU8,B00PNXI5CE' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='e7abf0a0-21cf-4e34-a7b0-a55a8058963f']
2. Changing table.
- There are so many variations of a traditional changing table today – with and without shelves, bigger and smaller, converting into a desk or a play table, etc. Just pick what seems to be the most functional for your needs particularly. The ones with the shelves and drawers are probably the best ones.
[amazon_link asins='B002ACCC52,B015MKRDKW' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='4d6a3ede-e61b-4355-ba1d-1b7d6a48541f']
3. Care kit.
- Have a baby care kit prepared in your bathroom in advance. Take a box and fill it with diapers, lotions, baby powders, etc. So, you will be able to find all the essentials in one place whenever you need it.
4. Bouncy seat.
- A bouncy seat is an important piece of equipment for those moments when you want to grab a snack or to take a shower. Just place a baby in it and take it with you wherever you go around the house. Do your stuff and keep your little one entertained while watching it all the time.
[amazon_link asins='B00KHR7TPK,B017XNLFVY' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='afcdad0d-4746-4a0c-88d6-e361884d4de9′]
- No matter whether you have a baby boy or a baby girl, a bodysuit is the most comfortable piece of clothing for your little one. So, get at least 4-5 bodysuits in the very beginning. Pick those with the snaps on the bottom for fast and easy changing. Don't forget about a dresser as well.
[amazon_link asins='B073X1WHZ9,B01MYMRC6F' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='bc0e07f6-93a2-4d35-a41e-375a74492c41′]
As you can see, shopping for a baby stuff can't be done in a in hasty manner. Analyze and do it wisely.