Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no cost to you. Please read our disclosure for more info.
My good friend Kellie Holmstrom, shared a recipe that she found on Pinterest. Her whole family loved it, so I decided to give it a try. But of course I always end up tweaking recipes a bit, because I love to be creative in the kitchen. Hope you enjoy my variation!
[amazon_link asins='B00X7ZXBTM,B079SYKCK8′ template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='4e1dfa5d-dfde-4a1b-be05-b88eff207d91′]
16oz Bow Tie Pasta
1 1/2# Italian Sausage (see my recipe)
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
28oz can Italian Style Crushed Tomatoes
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp dried basil
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes over medium heat for 7-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, cream, salt, basil, and 1/2 cup of the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat,;simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese.
Serve this Italian sausage bow-tie pasta dish with garlic bread and lettuce salad for a delicious meal your whole family will love. Mine does!