Summer is right around the corner! That means it's time to start planning a vacation. And for many people, vacation means booking an exciting cruise!
Taking a cruise is a great way to relax, soak up some sun while enjoying a cold drink, and see the world. If you've never been on a cruise, you're in for a real treat.
In this article, we take a look at 10 cruise hacks for making the most of your time at sea. Keep reading to learn all the first time cruise tips you'll ever need to know.
In This Post:
- 1. Download the Shipboard App for Your Smartphone
- 2. Buy WiFi Ahead of Time
- 3. Green Apples and Saltines Crackers for Sea Sickness
- 4. Go Easy on the Bread
- 5. Take Advantage of Free Room Service
- 6. Bring Your Own Alcohol
- 7. Schedule Room Service for Breakfast
- 8. Use a Water Bottle for On-Shore Excursions
- 9. Don't Get Cash at the ATM
- 10. Shop for Souvenirs on the Last Day
- The Top Cruise Hacks for Saving Money
1. Download the Shipboard App for Your Smartphone
Most cruise ships offer their own apps that you're free to use. This is a great way to know what's going on. You can check the menu, take a look at the ship's map, and even book meal reservations.
2. Buy WiFi Ahead of Time
You're gonna need WiFi. But if you buy it once you're aboard the boat, it'll cost you. But purchasing WiFi before you embark on the cruise will typically save you 10%-15%.
3. Green Apples and Saltines Crackers for Sea Sickness
If you're prone to seasickness, we suggest eating green apples and saltine crackers. These make great snacks any time of day and can help you get through a rough day out at sea.
If you're making plans for a summer getaway, be sure to consider a luxury transatlantic cruise vacation.
4. Go Easy on the Bread
The food on a cruise ship is awesome, so you'll want to get the most out of every meal. The key is to eat bread with your meal rather than before.
5. Take Advantage of Free Room Service
Believe it or not, many cruise lines offer free room service. It's perfect for when you just want to chill out in your room for a while or want a tasty snack before hanging out by the pool.
6. Bring Your Own Alcohol
Here's a great hack for saving money on drinks. Remove the alcohol from the minibar in your room and replace them with your own alcoholic beverages.
7. Schedule Room Service for Breakfast
This will help you to wake up easier. Rather than sitting an alarm or scheduling wakeup call, schedule to have breakfast delivered to your room at whatever time you want to wake up.
8. Use a Water Bottle for On-Shore Excursions
You'll do a lot of walking when you go ashore. Thus it's important to stay hydrated. Save money on water by bringing along your own refillable water bottle.
9. Don't Get Cash at the ATM
Instead, go to the cruise ship casino and use your credit or debit card to buy chips. Then simply cash out at the desk. This will save you a ton in annoying fees.
10. Shop for Souvenirs on the Last Day
Here's another great way to save money. Most ships will have a big sale on the last day of your cruise. This is time to pick up the items you want without spending a small fortune.
The Top Cruise Hacks for Saving Money
The cruise hacks in the article will help save you money so that you enjoy your vacation without breaking the bank. So pack your bags, grab your flip-flops, and get ready to have the time of your life!