Happy Pi Day (3.14)!
My son thought we needed to bake a pie today to celebrate Pi day. He thought that was so funny! He is 8 years old. We chose Rhubarb Custard Pie, one of my husband’s favorite recipes. His mother taught me how to make this amazing pie. Enjoy!
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 Tbsp flour
3 cups rhubarb
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup flour
5 Tbsp butter, softened
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, rhubarb and almond extract.
- Pour into an unbaked pie crust.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over pie.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
This pie is quick and easy, sweet yet tart, so delicious!
Want To Save Even More Money?Receive Kim's best money saving tips FREE via email!