Kim’s cousin, Erin (with the help of her super cute kids) is a Pinterest extraordinaire! She found this recipe for Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts here that claim to taste a million times better and are made completely from scratch with real ingredients.
In This Post:
Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening, chilled
- 1/2 cup ice water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (dark or light)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
- egg wash: 1 large egg mixed with 2 teaspoons milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 Tablespoon milk (plus more as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
For full recipe instructions and step-by-step photos, check out Sally’s Baking Addiction.
These Homemade Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts were kid-tested and Erin approved!