Do you still need some last minute Christmas gift ideas for some people on your Christmas list? Keep reading for inexpensive (and even free) gifts that you can get into your loved one’s hands by Christmas Day on December 25th.
In This Post:
Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas
If you can’t be home for Christmas (and any other holiday or special occassion), why not send flowers? I guarantee Mom or Grandma or anyone will love fresh flowers delivered to them! Not all men may admit it, but they like receiving flowers as well as it’s the thought that counts. You can opt to add on a gourmet food basket or box of chocolates to your bouquet.
- 1-800Flowers – Look for Christmas flower specials with “Guaranteed Christmas Delivery!”
- FTD – Receive an extra 10% off through our special link. Christmas delivery is still available.
You can never go wrong with gift cards or gift certificates to somewhere that your recipient shops at. Here’s our gift card picks for last minute Christmas gift ideas:
- Amazon Gift Cards – Amazon carries everything! And Amazon gift cards never expire. Send by e-mail, print at home or mail with free shipping!
- Fandango Bucks – These are redeemable for any movie at any theater with no fees and no expiration date. Great for movie buffs. E-mail or mail.
- Restaurant.com – Get a $25 Gift Certificate for only $10 – Thousands of restaurants participate across the country. Buy, print and give. Or even go out to eat for Christmas dinner!
- Spa Finder – One card is accepted at over 25,000+ participating spas, fitness locations and wellness practitioners worldwide and can be used for massages, facials, beauty products, yoga classes and more. Email, print or mail. Cards never expire.
Order Online, Pick Up Instore
Save time by ordering online and picking up your purchase instore – some stores even offer curb side deliver! This is a great way to avoid the crowded aisles of other last-minute shoppers! We’ve compiled a list of stores with instore pickup available that include:
- Home Depot – Buy online and get free in-store pick up in two hours.
- Macy’s – Select “Pick Up In-Store” from the filter menu on the left hand side of the page when searching.
- Target – Shop online and pick up your order for free in as little as two hours. You don’t even need to get our of your car as you can drive up, and they’ll bring your order out to you! You can also “GiftNow” to email the giftee, and they can adjust it or exchange it before it ships. Don’t forget to use your Target Redcard at checkout for extra 5% off your order.
- Walgreens – One hour pickup is available for photo cards and gifts.
- Walmart – Save even more by picking items that are marked “Pickup Discount” where you’ll enjoy extra savings with a discount when you order online and choose to pick it up at store. Order groceries, choose a timeslot and your items will be loaded directly into your car for free (I needed this when my kids were little)!
Magazines subscriptions make great gifts, especially for the elderly that don’t use the internet! Most merchants offer a printable certificate or you could buy a single issue at the store with a note saying more issues are on their way!
- Blue Dolphin – Right now, you can get magazine subscriptions for only $2 each at Blue Dolphin. You can select up to 5 different subscriptions at this price. Some titles include Us Weekly, Rolling Stone, Men’s Journal, Reader’s Digest, Taste of Home and many more. Shop BlueDolphin.com now!
- Discount Mags – Offers a free postcard gift announcement to your recipient so they know their gift subscription is coming. Plus they do no auto-renew like most magazine companies do, so you or them do not have to worry about canceling. Kim’s Picks:
- Celebrity Magazines (US Weekly, Star, OK!) only 19¢/issue
- Food Magazines (Rachael Ray, Taste of Home, Bon Appetit, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, All Recipes) ~ $4/year
- Health Magazines (Shape, Women’s Health, Yoga Journal, Bicycling, Life Extension and more) are all under $5/year
Free Holiday eCards
Every year less and less people are sending out stamped Christmas cards, thanks to the internet. Save postage and let your friends and family know that you are thinking about them by sending them an e-Card!
- DaySring – Ecards feature meaningful messages and inspiring Scriptures.
- JibJab – Create free funny and cute Christmas videos starring your family and friends.
- Smilebox – Offers free personalized and animated ecards that you can add your own photos, videos, words and music to email, blog or print.
If you do still mail out Christmas cards via snail mail, get $5 free dollars in postage from Stamps.com!
More Free Gift Ideas
I suggest these last minute Christmas gift ideas every year single year; the best gifts to give do not cost a dime.
- Offer to help run errands for a shut-in.
- Make cookies for neighbors.
- Visit elders in a nursing home.
- Pay it forward by paying for the person’s meal in the drive-through behind you.
- Smile at strangers.
- Pray for Peace.
Here’s wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year from my family to yours!