Tatym was on a mission to make some bars (she gets her sweet tooth from her mama). So she got her inspiration for a recipe from Taste of Home and adapted it to what we had in the house. These bars turned out really good, and I just asked her to make more because they disappeared quickly!
No Bake Cereal Candy Bars Recipe
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups Rice Krispies (or generic crisp rice cereal)
- 2 cups chocolate candies (Tatym used Mega M&M's and mini Reese's peanut butter cups because that's what we had)
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In large bowl, combine cereal and candy.
- In large saucepan, bring corn syrup and sugar to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.
- Pour over cereal/candy mixture. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread in 9×13 greased pan
- Cool and enjoy!