You are in for a treat today, because this mouth-watering apple pie recipe is an original that Karyn created all by herself. So you will not find this recipe anywhere else. I feel special that I got exclusive dibs on sharing it with you. Now I want a piece of this salted caramel apple pie!
[amazon_link asins='B008YIX64M,B0035H67VQ' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='5b52c972-1199-11e7-8e31-03d287d1cc22′]
Salted Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
Pastry for single crust pie (9 inches)
- 6 cups peeled, sliced tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 TBsp melted butter
- 2 TBsp lemon juice
- 2 TBsp Minute Tapioca
- 2 TBsp Smuckers Salted Caramel topping
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBsp cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 TBsp coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9″ pie plate with pastry, flute edges.
- In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients, let stand for 15 minutes.
- Stir well and spoon filling into pastry crust.
- Drizzle with 2 or 4 more TBsp of Salted Caramel topping.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in small bowl.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts, oats and coconut.
- Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Cover the crust edges with a pie crust shield or foil to prevent over-browning.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm with ice cream!
Doesn't this salted caramel apple pie look delicious? Why, yes it does (and is)!
[amazon_link asins='B00004S1BU,B00J0KSK5S' template='CopyOf-ProductGrid' store='shoppingkimwp-20′ marketplace='US' link_id='b15d271e-1199-11e7-95f1-431fc4dfda20′]